View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elizabeth Parker
Daughter of Dionysus

Character sheet
Species: Demigod
Godly parent: Unclaimed

PostSubject: Can I have a taser? (OPEN TO ONE)   Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:53 pm

((So, this is my attempt to revive this site back. XD Parker has a quirky personality, so do mind her weird taste and response. ^^))

So, this is it. Only after a few hours on Camp Half-Blood, Parker’s father suddenly decided to claim her, causing the girl to moved directly to cabin 12, or mostly known as Dionysus cabin. While sighing out of boredom, Parker dragged her bags towards the nearest bed and started her ritual. She opened the most valuable one, pulled out all of her loots: The Queen Elizabeth’s necklace, a scroll of one of Van Gogh’s lost painting that she would never show to anyone except Archie, one giant pink diamonds, and some other things that would make the authorities confused as how an 18 year old capable of stealing such precious item’s. The newly claimed daughter of Dionysus proudly set them all to the nearest available rack, and stare them in awe.

But then again, Parker has special abilities. She is a thief: at heart or at work. That was the only thing she know how to do properly, other than several random stuff that she picked up along the way. Like Spanish and drawing sketches. She could even forge some paintings, but she rather steal them. So it was only natural for her to have so many valuable items in one place, since it was her pride and obsession. However, Parker had to admit, even she didn’t see this coming. Meaning, she didn’t think that Dionysus would be her father. After skimming the Greek Mythology (Parker was good at that; that’s how she could learn things easily. Archie even thought that his junior might have photographic memory.), Hermes would be a better fit for her. But no, the grape dude was the one who claimed her as his daughter. Not that Parker mind, though. She never cared about such things: family and relationship. If the wine god decided to ditch her for eternity, Parker couldn’t care less. But he actually acknowledge her now.

Done with organizing her stuff, Parker grinned and did something she always do when she felt comfortable. She threw herself to the bed and rolled around. The thief might not care about Dionysus claiming her, but she felt a little bit grateful. Which was a big thing for Parker. She almost never felt anything before. Because she was the only kid in this cabin (at least, she thought so. There’s only two empty beds, and they looked like they hadn’t been used in a while.), Parker had the cabin all to herself. And that’s how she liked it: alone and with no interference. But then something nagged in her mind, something that Johnny mentioned before: a weapon.

Pouted upon remembering that annoying anecdote, Parker swung her legs and jumped out of her bed. After brushing her grey shirt and her tight black pants, she exhaled loudly and began walking towards the door. She already saw some of the activities in this Camp, and even she considered that they could be dangerous. Parker, the Parker who loved blood and gory as her everyday entertainment on TV, thought about danger. So yes, she definitely needed a weapon now. Parker could only hope that they have what she was searching for…

Upon arriving at the weaponry that Johnny mentioned before, the daughter of Dionysus quickly rummaged through the pile of blades and knives. No. No. No. Yeouch! That last one was because her finger touched the tip of a dagger. Licking her wound, Parker winced and turned around. Why can’t they have what she want? It’s not fair! She would feel incomplete without that particular item. And since Archie confiscated her last one, she just had to have one. But why can’t she find it? While her mind was buzzing with these thoughts, Parker almost didn’t hear someone’s footsteps coming towards her way. Only after she realized there’s a shadow beside her, Parker jumped. “Oh! I thought there’s nobody here.” Not introducing herself (as always), she immediately launch out the important question. “Do you have any taser here? I’m seriously in need of one.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://proteusmirabilis.tumblr.com/
Chiron
Canon

Character sheet
Species: Centaur
Godly parent: N/A

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a taser? (OPEN TO ONE)   Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Chiron was walking around after winning another card-game from Dionysus. Chiron liked playing those games, since they always offered a challenge, but he had more to do.. The demigods in Camp Half-Blood were his students and he needed to help them as much as he could. That was what Chiron was here for.. He had promised the gods that he would train their sons and daughters for as long as they needed him to.

He thought back about that day he got his immortality and it like a movie playing in his head:
Chiron was walking towards the temple of Zeus. He was on his way to ask the his half-brother to grant his wish for eternal life. Chiron felt nervous. The teacher of demigods, was shaking all over his body. His tail slapped nervously. He had never really spoken to his brother. When his brother did trow their father in Tartarus, Chiron wasn’t there. Chiron had lived for a long time, but his wish to help the heroes that would come as long as the Gods lived, he wanted to help them. He thought he did quite a good job with Hercules, Zeus his own son. But not good enough. Hercules was a impulsive boy, and he had still much to learn, but Chiron was proud of his student. Now he hoped Zeus would grant his wish.
He finally arrived at the temple in Athens. When he entered, the mortal priests greeted him with a kneefall. Why would they greet me?, Chiron asked himself. He shrugged and moved on. At the enormous statue of his brother he sank on his four knees. “Brother Zeus, Lord of the Gods, please hear my wish. I beg you to give me the ability to help the future demigods, train them and make them the heroes they should be. Let me be their teacher for all eternity, as I was for your son Hercules!”
Chiron waited. Suddenly the statue of Zeus moved, opened his mouth and spoke, “Brother Chiron, rise, your wish is granted. Go, ask the satyrs to help you find demigods. You also have been granted acces to Mount Olympus. You will always be welcome.”.

Chiron smiled.. Ever since that day, he had never aged a single day. His body was still as young as it had ever been, but stronger then ever. Thanks to his work as a teacher he stayed fit and strong. His white stallion-body had become really strong and he really liked being with it, even though he would never be able to sit like a human.. But he didn't sit for over thousands of years, so Chiron could not be bothered with it. Chiron was wearing his favorite shirt today. A green shirt with Worlds best centaur printed on it. His bow and quiver were still in the Big House.

Chiron arrived at the armory. He walked into the door and looked around.. The armory was totally and empty, except for a blond young women that walked around the weapons looking for something that she could use as her own weapon. It was Elizabeth Parker, the newly claimed daughter of Dionysus.. Mr. D told him about her.. A professional thief with not really much manners. He walked towards her, his hoofs ticking on the ground. She didn't seem to notice him, something he didn't expect from a thief of her skills..

“Oh! I thought there’s nobody here. Do you have any taser here? I’m seriously in need of one.”, she said to him before she even looked at him. Chiron shacked his head.. He cleared his throat. "Sorry Parker, but we don't use those.. Mainly because monsters are not really impressed when you try to electrocute them with something like a taser. You will have to learn how to fight with real weapons. After that we can try to combine a taser with a normal weapon. But that is for later.. I am Chiron. I train the demigods around here.

((Not my best, I need to get used to RPing as Chiron))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elizabeth Parker
Daughter of Dionysus

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a taser? (OPEN TO ONE)   Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:04 am

Whoa-whoa. Parker was rubbing her eyes for a few times because she couldn’t believe what she saw. A horse? The blonde girl even had to look around for a little while, to make sure that she was in the right room. That Parker was not sleep-walking and ended up on the stables or another rich guy’s animal field, like she did before. One wrong turn and the junior thief ended up hiding between pigs and goats. Thank goodness the Monet that she stole was tucked safely in her jacket. Otherwise it would be covered by poo and dirt and… some other things she rather not mentioned. Because when she realized who was this man-slash-horse in front of her, the guy had every right to wash Parker’s mouth with detergent if she ever said any bad words in front of him.

Now, if this was Parker’s first day at the Camp, she would’ve laughed when she first saw the centaur. How could a man stand living with four hooves instead of two feet? It’s totally unpractical. He couldn’t climb a wall, he couldn’t stay stealthy if he need to steal something because he needed to clop his hooves, and he definitely stuck out. How did he survive the current humanity, anyway? Parker imagined if this… thing popped up in the middle of the Central Park. He could probably mistaken as a statue instead of a being. But then again, Parker already spent a fair amount of time speed-reading the Greek Mythology, and she knew who was standing in front of her now: Chiron, the trainer of demigods. Though the girl still questioned on how he could blend in with other humans if he ever left Camp Half-Blood… or was he ever left Camp in the first place, anyway?

Stroking her chin out of curiosity, Parker then respond to his sentence with a deep sigh. “Aaaaw. Why? Why can’t we beat the meanies with a taser? Taser is cool!” She stare on the floor with frowned face. Why wouldn’t taser be a normal weapon for demigod to use? It paralyzed people, no excessive energy would be used, and it’ll be piece of cake! All of Parker’s previous tasers were small and easy to use. There must be some way to get a taser for a demigod’s weapon! But then Chiron mentioned normal weapons, which made Parker furrowed her eyebrows. Her jaw dropped in disbelief. “You mean like… swords? Bows? All of this… stuff?” She gestured to the whole armory. “Yeah, I don’t do those stuff. Really not my thing. I rather… steal something.” She pouted. But then the blonde girl remembered something that she wanted to ask… “By the way, eh, sir?” Parker wasn’t sure how to call Chiron, so she stick with the word that she knew best. “Eh, how do you sit, actually? Or do you just sleep like horses do… Standing up?” Yes, the question was so Parker, random and blunt. But she hoped that Chiron would have an answer to that, as she was genuinely curious. Now Parker was just standing there, tilted her head while scratching her scalp, curious on how the teacher would answer the questions she just blurted.
Back to top Go down
Chiron
Canon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a taser? (OPEN TO ONE)   Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:22 am

The reaction Parker gave was quite wierd in the eyes of Chiron,“Aaaaw. Why? Why can’t we beat the meanies with a taser? Taser is cool!” When Chiron mentioned the weapons, Parker her eyes opened wide. “You mean like… swords? Bows? All of this… stuff?” She gestured to the whole armory. “Yeah, I don’t do those stuff. Really not my thing. I rather… steal something.” She pouted. Yeah, Chiron heard about that..

Chiron also heard a lot about the the mortal that trained Parker. Archie.. Even Hermes, the god of the thieves had high respect for him.. and for Parker.. As soon as Hermes heard about her arrival at camp he came to Chiron and together they watched her. "She is a crafty one.. she could have been my daughter.. She is the third best thief in this world! My sons and daughters are crafty, but I never thought my sons and daughters would be left in shame by a mortal and his demigod student.. and a daughter of Dionysus! But, as the God of Thieves, I am proud of her and her master!" Chiron had nodded.. Parker really was a good thief. But that could could also mean that she should be a agile fighter.

“By the way, eh, sir? Eh, how do you sit, actually? Or do you just sleep like horses do… Standing up?”, Parker asked, making Chiron his mind return to the present. Chiron bursted out into laughing. The question she asked was so random! Chiron loved it. He did have a student that was random before, but that was a long long time ago and not as random as Parker.. "Hahahaha, by my brothers.. You really are a random person aren't you! You know what, I will tell you!" He pounded the floor softly, "I never really sit.. I sit or I lay down. Even though it might seem that I am sitting, when I step into my magic wheelchair, but even then, I am standing in it. Sleeping is quite awkward to see for people.. I can sleep standing, or lay down on the ground.. but it is hard to describe.. If you ever see me sleep, you will understand why.."

Chiron walked to the weaponracks and took out 2 daggers.. He handed them over to Parker.. "Here try these two. They suit a good thief like you, since you will need a lot of agility to use them. If you don't like them, I could find something else for you!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elizabeth Parker
Daughter of Dionysus

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a taser? (OPEN TO ONE)   Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:25 am

Scratching her head, Parker tried her best to digest all of Chiron’s answer. He never really sit? What? The teacher had a human torso. Wouldn’t he had back cramps if he didn’t sit for a long time or something? But the young thief nodded slowly with a poker face when Chiron mention something that she thought was the answer. “Oh. Magic wheelchair. That should be… useful.” She tilted her head with a crooked grin afterwards. If that wheelchair was really magical and can fit all of the centaur’s hooves inside, maybe she could smuggle gold bars there. Infinite amounts of them. The daughter of Dionysus stare blankly at Chiron while biting and grinning cheerfully, obviously still thinking about stealing gold bars by using a magical wheelchair.

However, Parker snapped from her imagination when the centaur suddenly gave her two blades. Weighing them both with her hands, she sighed and traced them with her lanky fingers. Though when she reached the tip, the girl gave out another wicked grin. “Oooooh. Pointy.” She clanked the daggers together, just to hear the sounds. “So? Who should I use this on? Police? Angry demigods? Other competitive thieves?” But before Chiron could even answer, Parker abruptly threw both blades to the door. Each punctured both doors with perfect proximity. Anyone would count that as a perfect score, but the young thief was not interested. Sure, she might be good at it, and it could be useful in the future, but that was not the weapon that she wanted. Plucking them from the armory entrance, Parker sighed once more, then stare Chiron with weary eyes. “Can I just have a weapon that could electrocute someone, please? Ooooh, or better yet, that could set flame to somebody!”

Yes, fire. Parker didn’t know why or how, but she always interested in fire. Small ones, on matchsticks, or bonfire, just name it and if the girl was close enough, she would be there and just stare. The way they flickered and moved, plus how they could help humans or destroyed them… It was entertaining. Besides taser, all Parker wanted was a flamethrower. Or if she was in the mood for a smaller one, some kind of weld would do. That’s why, even with blades in hand, Parker jumped up and down because of the idea, while grinning widely. “Yeah! Yeah, that would be cool! Just a small thingy that could create fire would do… Oh, maybe I could ask those techy kids… what, Hephaestus? Yeah, they should be able to build me one, right? And then use it to- Ow!” The daughter of Prometheus was moving to fast, she bumped to something furry. Parker glared when she realized that it was Chiron’s horse body. “Ouch. Smelly. I mean, sorry. Sorry.” Snorting, the girl stood up and brushed her pants, tried to ignore the fact that Chiron’s odor reminded her something that she literally hated: horses. Parker had avoided the Stables for some times now, as well as the Pegasi lesson. She had witnessed that horses could attack people, punching them until they bleed. Sure, it was a party pony, but it still scared the young thief either way, until this day. The only reason she could stand Chiron was because he was part human. Shuddering to erase that image from her mind, the blonde girl crossed arms while still holding the daggers, frowning and raising her eyebrows towards the teacher. “So, is this the best I could get? I mean, would asking a custom weapon will even be possible? Because if I could, I would get a taser. Or a flamethrower. Or both taser and a flamethrower.” She taped her feet, waiting impatiently for Chiron’s answer.
Back to top Go down
Chiron
Canon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a taser? (OPEN TO ONE)   Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:48 pm

Chiron was shaking his head when he heard Parker rant about flamethrowers and tasers.. She might have been good in using them, but nothing beats the good old daggers, swords and so on. But to get Parker to actually use the daggers, he noticed he had to make it interesting enough for her. There was always a student that had trouble using the standard weapons, but Parker just seemed to think of them as useless.. She could handle them.. for trowing them, he could see that from the way she threw them, but throwing your weapons away was not really the smartest thing to do. So Chiron had to think of a way to make Parker actually use them as daggers, not as throwing-knives.

While Chiron was thinking about this, Parker walked into the stallion-part of his body. She had been walking around and thinking without really paying attention while ranting about getting tasers from the sons of Hephaestus. “Ouch. Smelly. I mean, sorry. Sorry.”. Chiron knocked on the floor with the hoof of one of his left legs. He did not want to burst out into yelling about the difference between humans, horses and Centaurs. Humans smelled like humans, horses smelled like horses and Centaurs smelled like both, since they physically part of both. But Centaurs are magical creatures. with no mortal souls. So they might look like half man half horse, but they were more. And Chiron was.. a special centaur. He was the only centaur he knew that was actually educated, decent and well mannered. His brethren were constantly drinking root-beer, headbutting and more useless things. Chiron decided not to react on Parker her insult.

Parker was now standing in front of Chiron, arms folded, daggers in her hands. “So, is this the best I could get? I mean, would asking a custom weapon will even be possible? Because if I could, I would get a taser. Or a flamethrower. Or both taser and a flamethrower.” She taped her feet, waiting impatiently for Chiron’s answer. Chiron had expected this question, so he had his answer ready.

"Parker, anyone can handle a taser or a flamethrower.. but it takes great skill to handle 2 daggers. And you have to agree with me.. even though you might like those weapons, you don't really need skill to use them. Aiming a flamethrower into the general direction of your enemy is easy.. and using a taser to paralyze your opponents is usefull, but with your skill as a thief.. you can do much better!
I have to admit, you are good at throwing daggers.. but that is not what you can use them for! What if there were 2 people attacking you from the front and you kill them with a dagger in their necks, but don't notice the sword in your heart until you see it sticking out your chest because a third person put it there? What you need is a fightingstyle with the daggers in your hands. I will tell you why. Every armor, every building, every safe, every person has a weakness.. Or more.. As a thief you know about those weak spots in alarmsystems and security.. you know how to use them to get to the place you want and steal the object you want. What I am going to teach you, is how to find those weak spots on people and use them to kill or hurt them so bad they won't want to fight you again."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elizabeth Parker
Daughter of Dionysus

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a taser? (OPEN TO ONE)   Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:04 am

Parker rolled her eyes when Chiron started his lecture. Apparently she would not get what she wanted after all. Under normal circumstances, the young thief would pouted and sit until she get what she wanted. But the one who talked in front of her was the number-one centaur and the oh-so-mighty demigods teacher. It would not be wise for Parker to just sit and being all glum just because she can’t get what she desperately wanted. She rolled her eyes when Chiron said that pointing a flamethrower would be easy to do. “Psh, that’s the whole point, silly. If it could be that easy, why complicated things? Well, except me with locks of course. The more complicated, the more challenging it would be.” The daughter of Dionysus chuckled at her own words. However, when the teacher mentioned that with her thief skill Parker could do much better, she was all ears. “Really? How so?”

The girl tilted her head while examining the blades once more. “So… this is not throwing knives? Like the one they used in circus?” Parker only came to a circus show once, when Archie needed to talk to the ringmaster for selling some rare ruby or something. While waiting, she managed to slip inside the tent and watch one show only: where a throwing expert threw knives to a person strapped on a round table, and let him spinned around while the expert closed his eyes and then… started the show. Parker was holding her breath the entire time, watching as the expert threw his blades without puncturing the poor soul who was strapped helplessly and winced every once in a while. Every time Parker looked at small weapons, she would reminiscence that night. So that’s why when Chiron gave her some daggers, that was the first thing Parker did: threw them quickly.

As the centaur started to explain about how Parker should find her own fighting style, a small smirk formed on her face. She loved the fact that Chiron used some thief terms to teach her about weaknesses and such. That was just like how Archie taught her, except with him… he would try to teach normal stuff. How to react with people, how to respect the elderly, stuff like that. The senior thief would say that everyone was a complicated lock. To unlock their secrets, Parker had to be patient and fiddly with her words and attitude. Then before she knew it, she would unlock their trust. However, the blonde girl tried to understand that several times when she had to persuade a mark… sadly it didn’t go so well. For a normal human being, some touching is necessary when making a contact. Parker, however, despised any kind of touch. She usually ended up breaking their fingers instead.

After grinning wickedly, the daughter of Dionysus tried her best to keep her face straight while still listening to Chiron’s explanation on how to find one’s weakness. She nodded softly after the teacher was finished. “So…” She stare blankly at the ceilings to find suitable words. “I should use these to kill someone, right?” She never done any hit job before, but it shouldn’t be too hard. Parker did know some hitters who was Archie’s friends, but she never got to see them in action. Every time she asked her teacher on why she couldn’t see it, Archie would be so mad that he would ground Parker from thieving. But according to their stories, a crack, a snap, a stab… and the job is done. Rubbing her nose with a cocky attitude, Parker tried to stay brave. “Fine then. So, tell me. Who’s the mark? How do we get to him? Tell me the details.” After a few seconds gone by, she realized that she might say the wrong words yet again. “Or do we just… practice with these?” Parker raised the blades with a confused look on her face.
Back to top Go down
Chiron
Canon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a taser? (OPEN TO ONE)   Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:42 am

"Parker, I admire your dedication, but indeed, it is practicetime.. You are a lot of trouble if you'd go out to kill now.. let me tell you why.." Chiron cleared this throat. "All monsters can only be killed by the 3 metals of death, like I call them. Celestial Bronze, what you are holding; Silver, what the Hunters of Artemis use and Imperial Gold, which the old roman demigods used. I know how much you love gold.. I can try to get you some golden daggers, but I am not promising anything. And don't try to steal some, because that could start WWIII.. And believe me, that is not very wise.. I think Dionysus would personally bind you in his grapevines, that can not be cut, and deliver you to the ones you stole it from.. and they are not mild people when it comes to punishments.. I have seen people get crucified for nothing..".

Chiron shaked his head.. He still thought it was a really cruel thing.. Pontius, the Roman son of Somnus, just gave the Jewish people what they wanted and crusified a god.. a god Chiron did not know, but turned out to be part of Chaos.. This god actually died, but his grave was empty after 3 nights.. Chiron and Lupa both agreed that this was something really strange.. And they kept thinking about it a lot, but since the unknown god never to be seen again, they stopped searching and they continued their lives.

"Parker.. I have seen some strange things, but the Romans are one of the cruelest people I have seen.. so don't go stealing their Imperial Gold.. in stead.." Chiron found a apple and trew it to Parker, "Go peel apples.. come back to me when you are able to peel of the skin of a apple with your dagger without breaking the skin. I will tell you afterwards why you had to do this."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elizabeth Parker
Daughter of Dionysus

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a taser? (OPEN TO ONE)   Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:40 pm

As Chiron confirmed that it was practice time, Parker slumped forward, almost losing her grip on those daggers that were still in her hands. Bummer. It would be nice to do some damage around. But then again, maybe Archie got his reasons not to let Parker gad about on being with a hitter in the first place. And after hearing what the centaur had to say, Parker was sure he was as worried as her previous teacher. Though she must admit, her eyes lit up when Chiron mentioned something on gold and silver. “Hunter of Artemis?” The young thief frowned while trying to remember if she ever read such a thing while skimming the Greek mythology. Artemis was the goddess that in charge of the moon… And… Aaaaah. She smacked her forehead when she realized that she had seen some of these so-called Hunters. “The glowing girls that carries bows right? Oh wait.” Parker glared at Chiron in disbelief. “Their arrows are silver!?” She suddenly had to fight the urge for running towards the nearest Huntress and accidentally ‘bumped’ into one. She felt even more woozy when the centaur talked about golden daggers. “Golden… what…” SCORE! The daughter of Dionysus trembled in excitement. However, it was definitely supressed after Chiron said there would be World War III if she ever tried to steal it. She flinched when she heard his father might bind her if she pulled such a stunt. “Grmbl… Fine.” The blonde gritted her teeth then pouted. So much for exchanging all of those treasures with money. Lots and lots of money.

When Chiron explained that Roman were the cruelest people around, all Parker did was snorted. She can handle obnoxious people just fine. And better yet, she’s good at running. If they ever hunt her, the thief just need to find a safe place to hide and curled there until they gave up. But she might jeopardize the whole camp if she did that, and that was the last thing Parker would do. Archie might banned her from thieving for life. As she thought about it, the teacher suddenly threw her an apple, which she caught in surprise. “What? What am I suppose to do with this?” But after he told her what to do, she raised her eyebrows in a playful manner. “Psh. Just do that? Easy-peasy.” So with that, Parker sat down at a quiet corner inside the armory, and tried out her first apple to peel. Whoops. One swish, and the skin just broke a few millimeters after she moved her dagger. Murmuring bitterly, she looked out for more apples, which somehow strangely scattered near her. Grabbing another one, peeled it again. Broke off. Fourth try. 5 centimeters long. Tenth try. Five and a half centimeters. By her twelfth apple, Parker bite her half-peeled fruit in frustration. Why did this become so dang hard!? Seventeenth try. Almost there…. And by her twenty-first apple, Parker finally peeled that red orb successfully without breaking its skin. Despite her sore knuckles and red-sweaty palms, the young thief stormed to find Chiron and show him her work. However, she managed to glanced at the window, that made her furrowed her eyebrows. Was time really flew that fast? Sundown already?

Setting that thought aside, the girl was breathing heavily while calling the centaur’s name. “CHIRON! Mr. Centaur! The almighty teacher of demigods- Oh, there you are.” When she spotted that horse body, Parker grinned widely. Not realizing that she got some apple remains on her hair, the daughter of Dionysus raised the apple skin right in front of Chiron’s face. “See? I did it! I did-“ Click. Just like that, the skin broke off. Parker’s eyes automatically twitched. She threw the rest of it away, then cracking her knuckles afterwards. “I swear it didn’t break before… I… Urrrggh! What’s the point on doing it anyway in the first place!?” She threw her daggers in frustration, and stare the centaur with a frustrated look on her face, which quickly turned to a sour one while she crossed her arms in front of her chest. Why did Chiron asked Parker to do such a thing? To make fun of the young thief? Parker tapped her feet while pouting, waiting for her new teacher’s answer.
Back to top Go down
Chiron
Canon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a taser? (OPEN TO ONE)   Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:28 am

Chiron quickly walked to the Roman part of Camp Halfblood.. There he found a son of Vulcan, the roman version of Hephaestus and spoke to him. “Ave, son of Vulcan. My name is Chiron, activities director of the Greek part of this camp. I am also the one who trained Hercules..” Chiron HATED to do this.. boasting around about his age.. “I want to ask you.. Can I have a pair of Imperial Golden daggers? I need some to train a student..” The son of god of fire quickly bowed and ran to get some daggers.. Could it be he knew me already? So many faces without a name that know mine...
The boy returned with two high-quality daggers, wrapped in leather sheaths. Chiron inspected them quickly and thanked the boy..

When Chiron came back into the armory, Parker was still busy trying.. Wait.. She was done with it! She actually did it... or so it seemed.. the moment Parker wanted to show Chiron, it broke, making her rant about asking him about the reason why she had to do this apple-peeling. “You really don't have a clue...” Chiron was actually surprised.. He did not think she would not understand.. But, Chiron did not really mind.. It happened all the time.. “Peeling a apple is not a easy thing to do in one go, as you noticed. That is because you need to make your hand move almost constantly. And you need to be really delicate.. one twist of your hand can make a weakness in the skin and it might break.. When handling a dagger, you need to be really delicate.. All you need to do is slice a blood-vessel.. If you cut a artery, blood will pump out of it, resulting in a quick death. Cut two, and your victim will die really quick... But if you also make a deep cut in the neck, it will take a lot of energy to do so.. So you only need to slice the arteries.. Or that muscle that makes a arm bend. You need to learn handling weapons in a way that does not use a lot of energy.. But first, I want to show you something.”

Chiron took out the two Imperial Golden daggers.. “These daggers are yours.. BUT!!” Chiron held the daggers out of Parker her reach, “These are worthless to merchants.. And they are not uncommon.. In fact, I could get a lot of them right now.. Mortals like Archie won't get killed by one of these daggers.. Monsters and demigods? They will.. You will get these daggers.. For as long as you are my student at least.. I want you to become my personal student.. Just like Hercules, Achilles, Apollo and Artemis and many more.. Are you willing to do that?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elizabeth Parker
Daughter of Dionysus

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a taser? (OPEN TO ONE)   Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:58 am

Pouting while pacing back and forth in the armory, Parker’s nostril flared up as Chiron explained why he had her peeling the apples. “I rather eat oranges.” She murmured in a sulky tone as she stare to the floor. However, in her heart, the daughter of Dionysus knew what he told her was the truth. So in the end Parker had no choice but to sat on the floor and listened carefully. Her nails were bit clean as she heard what Chiron had to say about how to handle daggers with delicate care. The blonde girl finally sighed after the centaur finished his explanation. “Fine… I will try it again next time…” Even though she might look childish, Parker was not, and would never be a quitter. She knew what was the meaning of hard work. Her ability to steal and her all around thievery was not because of talent alone, but it was because of Archie’s patience while teaching and Parker’s own diligence. So if she needed some more practice at this blade stuff, she would do it.

However, after Chiron showed Parker the glistening blade, the young thief almost lost it. Grinning wickedly, she immediately lunged over to reach them both, but Chiron obviously know what Parker’s first reaction would be. He raised the daggers upwards, then gave her the warning. As he spoke about the pros and cons on that particular weapon, the daughter of Dionysus jumped up and down to reach that loot she just saw. “I can’t share it with anyone or use it to anyone, I get it! Just let me get my hands on the- huh?” Parker stopped jumping when Chiron suddenly mentioned Archie. “So I can’t hurt people with it? Where is the fun in that?” She frowned, but it quickly turned into an understanding nod. Ah. So it would only hurt monsters, or in Parker’s case, the security guard that chased her before. “Okay. Got it.” She stretched her hands again, ready to take those daggers in her arm while smiling proudly. But Parker raised her eyebrows when she heard what the centaur wanted. “Personal student? Like… following everywhere?” The girl scratched her head. Would that even be possible? “Yeah, I don’t think I could do that. I mean, I only got two feet while you... got four hooves. And by the way, don’t you have to teach, like, everyone in here? All the demigods?” She scoffed while crossing her hands, but with eyes still on tose golden blades.
Back to top Go down
Chiron
Canon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a taser? (OPEN TO ONE)   Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:35 am

Chiron was amused by the way Parker reacted on the Imperial Golden daggers.. She did seem to understand the difference between Imperial Golden weapons and normal golden weapons.. But Chiron did not expect her to... actually think about refusing.. Maybe.. If Chiron did say the right words. she would accept.. Chiron moved his tail uneasy.. Usually, when he offered a demigod to teach them in person, they would accept gladly.. but Parker... doubted.. So, if Chiron wanted her to become his student, he had to choose his words carefully..

"You don't have to follow me around all day, you wouldn't learn a lot from that.. but every morning, before lunch, I would like you to come to my place and then I will teach you everything I know... Just like Archie did.. You are allowed to do whatever you want afterwards.. And as long as you don't steal anything from other demigods.. When the time comes, I will ask you to do that.. But not after you have learned how to operate like a demigod.. And I will do the rest of my duties in the afternoon.. And you are not the first student I take in Camp Half Blood.. Obama was one of them.. We are also going to try to discover you powers.. The powers you got from your father, Mr. D.", Chiron stepped a few times, back and forth.. "Are you willing to take that step, become my student? And get these golden daggers??"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elizabeth Parker
Daughter of Dionysus

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a taser? (OPEN TO ONE)   Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:54 am

Still with hands crossed in front of her chest, Parker listened carefully to what Chiron had to say. To be honest, that centaur did taught a valuable lesson before, with the apples and whatnot. Parker was just too hard-head to admit it. So now, she nodded thoughtfully while the teacher practically summed up a practice schedule for her. “Before lunch?” The daughter of Dionysus almost try to bargain that one, since she usually got hungry if she trained before eating time, but then she decided to kept her mouth shut. It wouldn’t be wise to interrupt that centaur while he was talking. Plus, the blonde girl doubted that complaining wouldn’t change anything. Like any teacher, Archie for example… they didn’t like to be questioned or nagged. And Chiron certainly make a statement that he was and still is… some teacher that ever lived. Parker recognized the name he mentioned right away: Obama, the current president of US. So he was a demigod as well, huh…? Interesting.

As for the other rules, the daughter of Dionysus waved them lightly. Stealing from others… Parker would never do such a thing. Only if the person was not worthy of it in the first place. But if they annoyed the blonde girl first, that was another matter entirely. “Fine. I will be your student. Not because I don’t have any other choice, but… you are experienced.” That was another way for Parker at saying: I trust you and I am willing to be your student, completely and entirely. She just hope that Chiron would understand those subtle lines, because being her… the girl was not a brilliant speaker to begin with. After accepting the golder daggers, Parker’s mouth gave out a simple smirk while looking at those glittering blades. She can’t help but grinning wickedly when she moved those daggers in front of her eyes, following them when she shifted them left and right. Gold and pointy. The perfect weapon.

However, her grin diminished when she realized that Chiron stared at her with eyebrows up. “What?” The blonde tried to look innocently, but surely failed. At the end, the daughter of Dionysus just sighed and shrugged. “Sorry. Gold and pointy things made me do that.” She gazed at the ceiling while furrowing her eyebrows after that. “Although fire and stun gun makes me to do that as well…” Before her eyes did those crazy glints again, Parker quickly shook her head and grinned apologetically at Chiron. “Fresh start, teacher?”

It might took a while, or it might took only a few weeks. But one thing for sure, Parker knew she will need Chiron’s rule and teaching to survive in this demigod world, just like she needed Archie before, even though the girl didn’t know it at first. Parker learn that no matter what, all she could count on was herself and herself only. She was cheated by someone when stealing cars, and got sent to children juvie. But eventually she knew that she can’t do everything by herself. First, it was Charlie. Then Parker met that Jhonny guy. Third, this centaur. The young thief might not realize it just yet, but her present days would be much more colorful. Following the centaur while walking out of the armory, Parker secretly felt thankful yet again for these kind of help. And hoping there would be more in the future, for she would feel lonely yet again without it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a taser? (OPEN TO ONE)   

Back to top Go down

Can I have a taser? (OPEN TO ONE)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1