Camp Half-Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Half-Blood

A Percy Jackson RPG

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dear June

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Glamour
Admin
Daughter of Apollo
Glamour

Character sheet
Species: Demigod
Godly parent: Apollo

Dear June   Empty
PostSubject: Dear June    Dear June   EmptyWed May 30, 2012 8:23 pm

This is my novel, book thing. It's about two kids who ca talk to trees. Here it is! (Keep in mind that this is a first draft.)

Chapter One, June

Hi! I'm June Grangewell, writer, reader, home schooler, guitar player, and tree talker. Well, I shouldn't exactly say tree talker, because I can talk to just about every living thing.

Look, I know what you're thinking. This girl needs a straight jacket! I doubt she can talk to trees and animals. Trust me, I'm not crazy, I can really speak to them! They talk back, too. I have no idea how or why it happens, or even if anyone else has my special talent. All about talking to animals and trees is beyond me, and I'm sure it would be beyond everyone else, if they knew I could. Sometimes I wish I knew more about it, that I understood it more, and could harness the power. Hey, I'm not complaining, I'm just a curious mind. Sue me.

Seriously though, I'm not going to drag on about my ability. I'm sure you want to hear other stuff about me, since after a while, talking about one thing excessively gets really boring. I have experience in it. This in your head, reader, let's move on to some things about me!

Here goes: I'm 5"5', have blond hair, don't wear glasses, my eyes are giant and pale green, I shower each night (ew, who doesn't?), am twelve years old, was born on May 12, am an only child, have a penpal (Katie), I can be very stubborn if I want to, and I love playing soccer outside, in my front yard! Need I go on with this useless, random information, or, dear reader, would you rather I start going on with my power?

The power it is, then! It started at age six, or when I was born. I'm not really sure, because my earliest memory was when I was six. It was my dad coming home, icecream in hand, and beaming down at me. He'd sold a painting for a lot of money (he's an artist), and decided to get me a treat. Since I was inside, there were no trees or animals involved, so I couldn't know if I'd talked to them back then. That being said, we can just presume I've been speaking to them all my life. I'm not exactly sure how I talk to them, they kind of just... speak. Well, obviously. I mean, I see no faces or anything, but I can hear their voices, and not in my head. As clear as if it was a person talking to me. My goodness, it's kind of creepy, but really cool at the same time.

It's also really interesting. My dear reader, you've no idea how interesting it is. Trees, animals, any living thing. Especially one specific boy... Yes reader, a boy. We met in possibly the weirdest way neighbors could.

Sure, I'd seen him before-- while I was on my front lawn-- but we never really talked. Our conversations only consisted of words such as, "hey." Yet the day we actually met was different.

I was walking in the woods (did I mention I live next to a forest?), and to my favorite spot. That spot is pretty far into the woods, as it's about a ten minute walk from walking into the forest. My spot (though I didn't know it at the time) was near the boy's spot. The only reason why I'd picked it was because of Yulanda. Silly me, I haven't told you about Yulanda yet! She's (by far) my favorite tree. She seems to understand me, and is a me in tree form. I swear, there is some type of link between us.

Yulanda is a great big maple, who actually lets me climb her. You see, some trees get angry when people climb on them, I mean, how uncomfortable would that be? Reader, would you want someone climbing all over you? I wouldn't, and I hope you feel the same way.

There I was, sitting in Yulanda, talking about zebras (don't ask), and a random book walks by, and spots me. You could just imagine how surprised I was! What must he have thought, seeing his neighbor talking to a tree, about zebras? Though I didn't know him by name, I called him Black. This was because he usually wore black, had black hair, and had gray eyes. Gray is close enough to black that I still call him that. He's older than me, maybe by a year or two. He's also a couple inches taller than me, which is expected. At this moment he was wearing a black hoodie, dark jeans, and black Converse. It contrasted greatly with my neon yellow long-sleeved shirt, orange skirt, and red hi-tops.

The scene must have looked insane to him. I was surprised he didn't run, and call the police on me, who would come with a straight jacket and take me to a room with soft walls. Instead, he just stared at me, and me to him. He looked a little confused-- wait. What? A little confused? Shouldn't he be a lot confused?

"You can talk to them, too?" Okay, either he was like her, was messing with her, or was simply insane. I believed that he was like me, so... Whoa. Wait. This was insane, he couldn't be like me! Only I was like me! At least, that's what I'd been telling myself all my life. He didn't seem to be the type to share any character traits with me, so why this one thing?

I just stared at him for a moment. Then I nodded.

We talked briefly, for Thomas didn't seem to be of the type to talk. Despite it being short, had learned there was more to Thomas than met the eye...

Did you guys like it? Please tell me below!
Back to top Go down
https://camphalfblood7.forumotion.com

Dear June   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear June    Dear June   EmptyWed May 30, 2012 8:41 pm

Hmmm, personally I think it's very good. Maybe a teeny weeny bit rushed into at some parts, but over all very nice. Not to mention interesting, and I can't wait for the next part! I've always wants to talk to animals since I was little so I like this very much!
Back to top Go down
Thomas Kirtley
Son of Eris
Thomas Kirtley

Location : Camp Halfblood, the Halls of Asgard, Valhalla, the FAYZ, Empire City, Camelot High, Marvel/DC Universe, Biofuse, New Maraias, Camp Jupiter, and a convention for the Organization of Nazi Twinkies. also, I'm behind a Computer.

Character sheet
Godly parent: Eris

Dear June   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear June    Dear June   EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:05 pm

just read it... and my thought... my RL name is Thomas... and I am honored. great story.
Back to top Go down
Clove Tyler
Daughter of Ares
Clove Tyler

Character sheet
Godly parent: Ares

Dear June   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear June    Dear June   EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:42 am

I like it a lot! Would love to read more. *nods*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content