View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lars Halford
Unclaimed Greek Demigod

Character sheet
Species: Demigod
Godly parent: Unclaimed

PostSubject: Ocean Gazing ((Open))   Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:41 am

Karen woke up early, like she normally did in the Hermes cabin, it was impossible to sleep in there with it being so crowded and the little kids saying how excited they were to be half god, they had no idea. She hadn't been claimed in the 5 years she had been there so she had to deal with it each morning, so because of this, in the summer she woke up early, and today she decided to take a jog, she needed to stretch her legs and not lay down waiting for the younger kids to shut up. Since she had been in the cabin for so long she had a bunk, she threw off her covers and went to the bathroom to get ready. Karen walked in, the girls bathroom was empty, she brushed her hair and pulled it back into a ponytail. Then she threw on some running shorts and a sweatshirt. She tied her shoes and carefully stepped over the other kids, the ones that somehow slept threw the noises. She had left her sword on the the bed, knowing she wouldn't need it and it would get in her way.

She stepped outside into the frigid morning air, she shivered. Karen was really glad she had brought a sweatshirt, she needed it this morning, she looked towards the sound seeing mist rise up from it, she decided she would make her way there eventually. She started running, she ran through the strawberry field and past the Big House and the dining hall. The camp seemed empty, of course there were a few up as early as the break of dawn. Karen ran past a few demigods, saying hi as she passed them. Karen was wondering if she was the camper that had been here the longest and not been claimed so far, that meant her claiming wasn't far off, at least she hoped. Of course she had her hopes on a parent, but she hoped it wasn't Aphrodite, no offense to her but she didn't think she was one. Besides, she didn't wear make-up or jewlrey, and she knew Aphrodite kids wore that stuff, she couldn't even think about wearing that stuff, maybe make-up for like a wedding or something, but not everyday. Maybe she was an Athena child, or about as horrible as Aphrodite, Dionysus, or maybe she was Ares or Apollo. Her parent could pretty much be anyone. If it happened to be Aphrodite, she would agree to it, but would not act like the other Aphrodite kids and wear all that crap to look good, she thought she looked good enough already. If Aphrodite was her mother she would still train as hard as she was.

Karen eventually came upon the sound, and she ran along the shore, her hood up, listening to the waves lap the shore. After a few minutes of running on the shore, she stopped and turned to face the surf, the mist still around the surface, it was pretty. The air felt good to her, better than freezing, and better than hot, the 63 degree temperature felt great on her face, along with the misty air. She took off her hood and undid her ponytail, letting it fall to her shoulders, and brushing it with her hands a bit to straighten it out. Karen then sat down putting her arms around her knees and setting her chin on her knees as well. She then heard someone come up behind her, "Beautiful isn't it? The temperature feels amazing with the current heat in the middle of the day and the mist on the water looks absolutely amazing." she sighed, then turned to look at who had come up behind her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meatcleaver
Unclaimed Greek Demigod

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ocean Gazing ((Open))   Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:44 am

((Spot reserval for when my char sheet is up!!!))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meatcleaver
Unclaimed Greek Demigod

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ocean Gazing ((Open))   Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Luyu stared around the Hermes cabin. She was unsure what to think of the place, let alone the people. It was very unnatural to her, all the bright colors and strange fabrics these people wore. Luyu herself was dressed in a traditional native american dress, as she always was. She had a few small braids in her black hair but was dressed relatively normal apart from that. Well, normal to her. Luyu sighed and grabbed her pipe and blow darts. They are her most lethal weapon and she can handle them perfectly. Luyu didn't often leave without them, no matter where she went. Ever since she'd found out who she was, that day on the borders of camp, she'd been attacked and these times, the mist hadn't fooled her. No more crazed bears or mad wolves, no, these were monsters. Luyu now understood why the tribe had feared her. They were close to nature and knew when somebody was more than he or she seemed to be. All those whispers that called her a daughter of a spirit had started to make sense. Luyu still had some trouble believing that one of the Greek gods was her parent. She had never known them or believed in them and even now, it still confused her.

Luyu walked out of the cabin, her bare feet making no noise on the floors. She made her way to the beach to try and find a few waterplants she wanted. Her small box with herbs emptied fast, probably because of those children that stole, who was their father again? Hermes, who's cabin she stayed in. She wasn't good with the names and she feared she wouldn't even know her parent when they claimed her. Luyu didn't sigh out loud, although her body felt the sigh travel through her body. Luyu didn't show emotions often, if at all. The only things she did show was happiness and calmth. The girl didn't often show anything but a calm and peaceful nature. As long as some parts of nature were around her, the animals and birds and bees, Luyu was calm and at ease. She smiled as she saw the magical scene at the beach, mist and fog spread like a blanket on the water. She smiled and suddenly changed her attention to the girl that had spoken.

"It is beautiful, like the sky is embracing the sea before taking a long journey. It will be long before she returns." Luyu said to the other girl with a smile as she sat down next to her. Luyu didn't say any more, she didn't see a need for it. Luyu looked around the beach for a bit and took out a pouch with herbs and checked her seriously depleted supply. She seriously needed to fill them for the third time this week. With a sigh Luyu got up again. "I have to gather some herbs and plants. Do you want to help me?" She asked the other girl. Luyu loved enjoying nature but sometimes other things were needed before one could truly enjoy. As long as Luyu had things on her mind, she couldn't sit back and enjoy. She needed to finish things off before she relaxed and got in touch with nature. Right now that thing was gathering things for her medical supplies. She smiled gently at the other girl. "I understand if you would rather relax and enjoy the micracles our mother has made for us." She said, refering to mother nature, whom she held in high esteem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lars Halford
Unclaimed Greek Demigod

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ocean Gazing ((Open))   Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:52 am

Karen turned and saw a Native American looking girl about her age, 16. She had her hair in braids and she was wearing one of those Native American dresses. She would know, she had seen several before, like when she visited New Mexico, they were all over the place there, doing rituals and stuff, it was hard to believe that a Native American was a demi-god, they believed in other gods right? Then why did one have a kid with a Greek god? The mist, the magical substance (if you want to call it that) that shields a regular mortal's eyes from monsters and the demi-god world, duh, Karen completely forgot about that. She wanted to hit herself because she totally forgot about it, but she wasn't going to, being there was someone else around.

"It is beautiful, like the sky is embracing the sea before taking a long journey. It will be long before she returns." she said, yep, that confirmed it, she was Native American, that was how Native Americans spoke, any doubts about her being Native American just by appearance was gone now. Karen had to admit though, they were very smart people and cared about nature. "Indeed it is..." Karen trailed off as a fish splashed and she smiled, even the fish liked the morning air. The girl then sat next to her and Karen asked, "Sorry, we forgot introductions didn't we? My name is Karen Westbrook, unclaimed, and you are?" She smiled politely looking at the Native American girl, she had seen her before, in glimpses, probably because she was unclaimed. Karen avoided using the word indian as well, she had heard that Native Americans didn't like to be called that, she also didn't ask what tribe she was from, trying not to invade personal privacy.

"I have to gather some herbs and plants. Do you want to help me? I understand if you would rather relax and enjoy the micracles our mother has made for us" the girl asked, Karen was quite curious at why she would need herbs, but she was Native American, she bet there was some reason. "Sure, but give me a sec, let me tie my hair back into a ponytail first, it can get in the way easily." Karen said, standing up. She then tied her hair into a ponytail and looked at her. "We can gaze out at the sound later, and I assume you mean by mother as mother nature, but may I ask what kind of herbs we are looking for and why?" she asked smiling. Karen then started walking down the beach with the girl and she asked, "So, what herbs are your favorite? For me, I don't really have mutch of a preference but I guess you can say poppy seed, but I don't really know what the uses are for besides the fact that it is used for food. But then again, I don't really know anything about herbs or pretty much the name of any herb, but I'm sure you can teach me, you don't seem to want to kill me and seem nice." Karen smiled at the last words she said, she bet the girl could teach her and the fact that she seemed nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meatcleaver
Unclaimed Greek Demigod

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ocean Gazing ((Open))   Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:11 pm

Luyu watched the fish jump out of the water and smiled. Nature was at peace here. For a moment she walked into the water, up to her knees and the cold did not bother her. She watched as fish swam by in the distance and she could see they were curious what had entered their waters. "The fish around here are curious, they are not as shy and fearful as those in and near the city." She told the other girl. Then the other girl mentioned introductions and named herself Karen Westbrook. Luyu turned and walked back out while telling Karen her own name. "I am called Luyu Redbird. I am sixteen winters old. I do not know my spirit or true-parent either." She said, not doubting the fact her words were likely to sound strange to the other girl but it was just the way Luyu was. She counted and talked in the way she had learned it and that was not the way of most in the world.

Luyu nodded and used some sand to dry her feet. She waited as the girl tied her hair up and asked a lot of questions. The girl did have the ability to talk a lot. Yet Luyu was a patient girl and so the questions didn't bother her at all. She just smiled at Karen as she started answering the flood of questions. "Yes, I do mean mother nature. As for the herbs, we are looking for a few common ones. I need them for healing and some of the more dangerous ones to keep my darts useful. You see, I usually use some of the more potent herbs to coat them so they have more effect." Luyu explained. She realised it was just a fairly fancy was of saying most of her darts were poisoned but some of the less potent herbs worked more along the lines of tranquiliser. Yet the question about her favorite herb surprised her a little. Did people favour one herb above others? Did people even favour herbs? It was a strange idea but she guessed it was just the way of the pale-faces. "They are above my preference. Each herb has it's own potency and each it's own traits but all are equal in value, if you wish to give it to them."

Luyu gave the girl a pouch and smiled at her. "I can teach, but only if you are willing to learn. It is unlikely to be what you expect, as I don't know the world by the names you've given it and have a different way of looking at life and living things. Yet it should not be a problem, if you have a learn-wish." Luyu said. She walked along the edges of the beach, touching random herbs and plants with a smile on her face. She picked some grass and put it in her pouch so she might dry and use it. She carefully looked for weeds so that she might find them in a case of need. "Have you ever had trouble with who you were?" Luyu asked while walking around. She was slightly confused by her unknown parentage and it confused her a great deal. She had been raised in a way that didn't include what one of her parents was and she didn't know what that meant. Her tribe hadn't cast her out, dispite the dangers she could have brought, the dangers toward who they were as a family and tribe. Luyu had been dangerous but her tribe had not cast her out. Luyu had a high loyalty for them and couldn't figure out how a spirit-being-parent would fit in. Could she even believe her own parent existed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lars Halford
Unclaimed Greek Demigod

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ocean Gazing ((Open))   Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:03 am

Karen watched, amazed as the girl walked into the water, undazed by the coldness of it. "The fish around here are curious, they are not as shy and fearful as those in and near the city." Karen just nodded her agreement. After she asked her name, the girl responded very confusingly, "I am called Luyu Redbird. I am sixteen winters old. I do not know my spirit or true-parent either." Karen understood the winters part as years but she didn't know what she meant by spirit or true-parent. "That is a very nice name, Lulu." Karen said smiling, "But may I ask what you mean by spirit and true-parent?"

"Yes, I do mean mother nature. As for the herbs, we are looking for a few common ones. I need them for healing and some of the more dangerous ones to keep my darts useful. You see, I usually use some of the more potent herbs to coat them so they have more effect." Lulu said, answering her questions. Karen looked at her and realized she probably didn't use a sword but something like blowdarts, an interesting weapon, but she had seen weirder, like a ping-pong paddle. "So basically you are saying you use herbs as poison on darts?" Karen walked down the shore shifting through the plants, everyonce in a while holding up some herbs, examining them. She picked some out and came back ad handed them over. "Here you go, what state are you from, and what tribe? I am sorry if I am asking way to many questions." she said, realizing she was asking to much, so she laughed one of her beautiful laughs.

Karen realized her question about what herb was her favorite was stupid, but she answered anyway, stating that they were all equal. Karen was beginning to like this girl, if she already wasn't. "I can teach, but only if you are willing to learn. It is unlikely to be what you expect, as I don't know the world by the names you've given it and have a different way of looking at life and living things. Yet it should not be a problem, if you have a learn-wish." Luyu said, handing her a small pouch and she put the herbs she found in there. "I would love to learn, but my life is busy enough right now, but maybe we can find some time after today to do it? I would like to take today and relax and enjoy this scenery and such." Karen was telling the truth, she was busy, and today she wasn't too busy, though she just wanted to relax and enjoy the moment.

"Have you ever had trouble with who you were?" Luyu asked Karen, walking around. Karen had to think for a moment, but after a few seconds she said walking next to her, "Yes, I have, when I was attacked by a deamon in New York once, and I of course, told my mom, and she wouldn't explain, but I could tell she was thinking about my father. That got me thinking, who am I? I hadn't paid it much attention, but as I was getting older more weird things like that were happening. That stayed on my mind for a year, then when I was attacked again, my mom told me to go here, I haven't seen her since, I don't even know if she is alive." She had to choke back sobs, though they were noticeable, she wiped her eyes and tried not to think of her mom, she missed her so much. The only thing she wanted was to see her again and know who her real father was and tell her she was okay. Karen wiped her eyes again and stopped, and stood straight up, facing the sun on the water, a beautiful sight, with the wind blowing her hair against her cheeks, from behind her she looked dark with rays of light shining over her body, she made a silent promise, Mom, I WILL see you again, and when I do, maybe our whole family could unite again. Karen knew the whole family being together again was farfetched because gods had work to do and Karen had to be at Camp, it was the only safe place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clove Tyler
Daughter of Ares

Character sheet
Godly parent: Ares

PostSubject: Re: Ocean Gazing ((Open))   Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Eros, God of Love and Desire

Eros was hanging around Olympus, practising with his bow. It was his signature weapon and he needed to aim true to make the right people love and hate each other. Even though he'd never missed a shot in his long life, Eros did practise daily, when he wasn't causing love that is. As Eros hit the bullseye yet again, he was suddenly reminded of a young lady he fallen in love with a few years ago. It seemed like only yesterday to him but then again, he'd lived for a very long time. Eros smacked himself on the head, remembering his daughter. He should have claimed her about three years ago. Chiding himself for losing track of time again, Eros quickly prepared himself to claim his daughter. Yet he'd need a really good gift to make this some sort of right. While walking toward his house on Olympus to get the few things he needed, he thought what was possibly good enough to redeem for all those years he'd been neglecting his duty as a father. Well, he was a very busy God, perhaps that excuse a month or two.

With a sigh Eros entered his house and grabbed his official bow and quiver. He'd just pop in, give his gift and be off. He searched the camp where Karen was staying and managed to find her on the sound with another girl, they looked like they were having fun. He didn't really want to intterupt but he was afraid he'd forget if he put it off again. He suddenly thought of the perfect gift, he even had it lying around somewhere. He laughed as he remembered he'd made it for the girl he was about to claim fifteen years ago. With a satisfied hum he left his house and went to the sound.

He appeared in front of the two ladies with a broad smile.
"Karen Westbrook, I claim you as my daughter." He pulled out a bow and a quiver with two types of arrows. "I give you this bow. Each day, the first three arrows cannot miss what you aim for. Beware, because you must be very sure of what you want to hit. If you aim to win in a competition, you might just shoot your opponent. The one side of this quiver holds normal arrows, the others are arrows, with the heartshaped tips, which cause love and will not injure the target. Use them wisely." Eros warned his daughter. He was sure she wouldn't disappoint him and so he could return to Olympys in peace, leaving his newly claimed daughter to enjoy the rest of her day.

((Congratulations Karen Westbrook, daughter of Eros!!))

I made the banner for the gang. Clove speaks in White.
The first siggie was made by Hades on HBH, isn't he just epic???
The anitar was made by Bonnie @ HBH!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lars Halford
Unclaimed Greek Demigod

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Ocean Gazing ((Open))   Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:30 pm

A god appeared in front of the two girls with a broad smile. "Karen Westbrook, I claim you as my daughter." He then pulled out a bow and a quiver with two types of arrows. "I give you this bow. Each day, the first three arrows cannot miss what you aim for. Beware, because you must be very sure of what you want to hit. If you aim to win in a competition, you might just shoot your opponent. The one side of this quiver holds normal arrows, the others are arrows, with the heartshaped tips, which cause love and will not injure the target. Use them wisely." Eros warned. Karen looked above her head and confirmed who it was, Eros. Her father was Eros, she should have been mad that Eros hadn't told her earlier or the fact that he hadn't visited, but she was radiant with joy, she knew who her father was. Karen watched as her father disappeared.

She then stood there, staring at the bow and quiver in her arms. She wondered what she should do, if she should test it, but something told her no. "He could have told me earlier, but now is better than later." Karen said. She set the bow down and stood back up, her mind focused on her mother and father. Her mother would be proud of her. She couldn't be mad at her father, he was probably a busy god and she understood why Karen's mother fell in love with him. If only they could reunite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ocean Gazing ((Open))   

Back to top Go down

Ocean Gazing ((Open))
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1