Camp Half-Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Half-Blood

A Percy Jackson RPG

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The newbie comes!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rose Drasi
Unclaimed Greek Demigod
Rose Drasi

Character sheet
Species: Demigod
Godly parent: Unclaimed

The newbie comes! Empty
PostSubject: The newbie comes!   The newbie comes! EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Yes! Rose thought. I finally made it to Manhattan. She had been traveling for months trying to reach a camp. She didn't know how it would protect her from the monsters that attacked her, but that man, satyr, he said, was very convincing when he found out about her... condition, you could call it. As Rose was going to get a taxi and use her remaining money to get to Long Island, a sudden, overwhelming flashback came out of nowhere:

Rose climbed out of bed after one of her so-realistic-it-was-like-she-was-there-witnessing-them dreams had ended. Rose dwelled on the subject of the gigantic... hellhound attacked her the day before. It had just leaped over her and into the house when Rose had opened the door to go outside. She couldn't stay here, but... but what? What could she possibly say that would make her stay? The fact that Rose didn't have anywhere to go didn't seem to bother her as Rose grabbed a pack and stuffed food, money, clothes, and a couple of weapons Rose had used to defend herself during the last monster attacks. Rose tip-toed past her foster parent's bedroom and left the house. Possibly forever.

Rose snapped out of her flashback and hailed a taxi. She gave the address of this camp and hung on as the taxi zoomed off to Long Island. During the ride, Rose pulled out a small pocket-mirror and looked at herself. Rose was a complete mess with dirt on her clothes, twigs and leaves in her long, black hair from the all of the nights she had spent sleeping out in the open, and Rose's blue eyes looked so cautious and wild, it was like she'd seen a ghost. But that didn't matter. As soon as the taxi arrived, Rose gave the taxi driver the last of the money she had packed and exited the taxi. It didn't look like much. There was a farmhouse she could go to after a long climb up a hill and there was a pine tree, but that was all Rose could see from the bottom of the hill. That satyr was just kidding, Rose thought as she started to climb. There isn't a camp here. Finally, after a couple more minutes of climbing the hill, Rose reached the top. There were a bunch of buildings and cabins and other Greek stuff. Rose hesitated for only a moment before going down.
Back to top Go down

The newbie comes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The newbie comes!   The newbie comes! EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:07 pm

Andrew had just woken up in the Apollo cabin, he was supposed to meet Clove later, but for now he wanted the time to himself. He got dessed in a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt and jeans, yeah, it was hot outside, but hey could deal with it. Now where to go? He looked at a clock on the wall, 11:45. Dang I slept late... He decided to head over to the hill, there had to be stuff going on over there, right? There always was. He dismissed his cabin to their free time and stepped out of the door.

Being 14, but still being the leader of kids older than you was always strange and awkward, but they listened to him. He had his quiver of arrows over his back along with his bow. Andrew's sword was strapped to his side and he had a standard Gerber hunting knife, not celestial bronze or anything, just for things like cutting branches etc. The hunting knife was in a sheath on his other size. He felt that if someone attacked camp he would be fine, at least for the moment.

Even from far away, he noticed a beat up girl walking down the Hill. Must have been a new kid, the last time he was there with a new kid happened to be with Clove, when they almost killed each other, then a hydra appeared, and more. He didn't like to think about trying to kill his girlfriend when he first met her, but the thought popped into his head every once in a while. He jsut hoped that didn't end up this way, especially if Aphrodite appeared, he hated her and liked her, it was weird.

He eventually came up next to the girl, she was probably 12? "Hey, I guess your new here? I'm Andrew, son of Apollo." he said introducing himself. He remembered his first time in camp, and he was so confused, she was probably afraid of his weapons and wondered what he meant by son of Apollo. Crap! He forgot to mention that, "This is a camp, Camp Half-Blood, for kids like you and me, we are half god, half human, you probably have no idea who one of your parents are. By gods I mean the Greek gods, they are very much real. So when I said son of Apollo, that means that Apollo is my father. Olympus is on top of the Empire State Building and such, but you'll learn more about that as you go along. My guess is you have ADHD and Dyslexia, ADHD because those are your battlefield reflexes, and Dyslexia because your brain is hardwired for Ancient Greek. Most demigods are like that, I would assume you have faced monsters, we use weapons like arrows or swords, we use a special metal that can only harm half-bloods and monsters. I probably left some stuff out, but you will learn it eventually and probably in the orientation film." he explained to the girl, probably leaving out stuff and confusing the crap out of her. "So who are you?"

Andrew had probably confused her beyond measure, he wasn't good at introducing people to camp, but he did his best. They would need to go to the Big House to meet with Chiron and Mr. D. Also watch the orientation film and stuff, but for now, here they were, doing the first step, telling her all about camp and such. Andrew would probably end up touring her and stuff. Not to mention Andrew probably creeped her out, and no doubt she probably didn't believe him.

((Sorry for the crap post))
Back to top Go down
Rose Drasi
Unclaimed Greek Demigod
Rose Drasi

Character sheet

The newbie comes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The newbie comes!   The newbie comes! EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:06 pm

Rose was completely overwhelmed with all the information Andrew had given her. A million questions raced through her head, but Rose could not voice one. Finally, Rose managed to say, "I'm Rose Drasi and I'm from Miami, Florida." She wanted to explain how she left her home of her own free will and her long journey here, but she didn't think that she should bore Andrew with the details. Instead, Rose said, "A satyr found me in Georgia and told me about this camp, so I traveled here." And after that, Rose didn't say anything else about her.

Rose wondered what to do now. She never really valued friends, but instead focused on her garden, so she didn't know what to say or do after she had explained how she got to the camp. Rose wished that the monster attacks had never started and that she was back home with her caring foster parents, tending to her garden. Right now, if she were back home, Rose would have been harvesting the different plants she had. But no, she was here in this camp, Camp Half-Blood? And she couldn't go back home. Oh well, things can't get any worse here, can they? A voice inside her head sounded. But of course, she couldn't know that until she went with Andrew to see... was it a film he had said? Rose finally decided to wait until Andrew acted to talk again.
Back to top Go down
Andreana Papadopoulos
Daughter of Terpsichore
Andreana Papadopoulos

Character sheet
Godly parent: Terpsichore

The newbie comes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The newbie comes!   The newbie comes! EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:32 pm

((hey can I join? Newbie buddies FTW?))
Back to top Go down
Rose Drasi
Unclaimed Greek Demigod
Rose Drasi

Character sheet

The newbie comes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The newbie comes!   The newbie comes! EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:49 pm

((yeah, sure, go ahead... join.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The newbie comes! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The newbie comes!   The newbie comes! Empty

Back to top Go down

The newbie comes!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half-Blood :: Camp Half-Blood :: The Hill-
Jump to: