Camp Half-Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Half-Blood

A Percy Jackson RPG

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The new girl ((Open))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sophie Rainde
Daughter of Athena
Sophie Rainde

Character sheet
Species: Demigod
Godly parent: Athena

The new girl ((Open)) Empty
PostSubject: The new girl ((Open))   The new girl ((Open)) EmptyTue May 22, 2012 12:50 am

Sophie was tired, hungry, and basically anything negative someone could feel. You’d think that being a runaway for a few months would condition you, but it wasn’t the case with Sophie. She’d left the orphanage in a fit of anger, so she could finally discover who she was. The answer was pretty weird.

A few days after her supplies ran out, and she'd sold her last book, someone had come up to her. That wasn’t the weird part. The weird part was he was half-goat. At that time, Sophie was used to monsters attacking. So after a small misunderstanding, he finally explained everything. Sophie was a half-blood, and she needed to get to camp, whatever that meant. The guy had given a basic set of directions to a place in New York, and then had hurried away, muttering something about newbies.

A week later, Sophie had finally made it to the hill the guy had described. It was nothing special. It was a hill, in a country setting, with a tree at the crest. Sophie climbed the hill slowly, wondering what could possibly be on the other side. Maybe some trees, grass, open plains. Most certainly not a summer camp with Ancient Greek buildings scattered around.

Sophie rubbed her sleep-deprived eyes, and tried to process what she was seeing. This was obviously the camp the weird guy had mentioned. But what would the people here think of her? Her clothes were ripped, there were leaves in her blonde hair, and she was bruised and scraped up from monsters. They’d probably think she was some homeless kid. But at the moment, she couldn’t care less. She just wanted somewhere to sleep, and someone to explain what this place was.

Sophie sighed, and sunk to the ground, her back against the base of the tree. She curled up into a ball, and rested her head on her arms. She needed food, and a place to sleep. She most certainly needed answers to the questions milling around her mind. She hoped the tree wouldn’t start answering her. Although, Sophie had seen far weirder things.

Sophie heard a sound, like someone walking. Her head shot up, and she tilted her head, to listen for that noise again. She wondered who it was. Probably whoever lived here. She waited on tenderhooks for the person-if that’s what they were-to come closer. She held her breath with anticipation.

((i didn't spend any time at all on this, please tell me if it's bad))
Back to top Go down
Thomas Kirtley
Son of Eris
Thomas Kirtley

Location : Camp Halfblood, the Halls of Asgard, Valhalla, the FAYZ, Empire City, Camelot High, Marvel/DC Universe, Biofuse, New Maraias, Camp Jupiter, and a convention for the Organization of Nazi Twinkies. also, I'm behind a Computer.

Character sheet
Godly parent: Eris

PostSubject: Re: The new girl ((Open))   The new girl ((Open)) EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:16 pm

((Not at all. I am aware that Jenn doeasn't like me, but what about Sophie here? she wouldn't have any probs with him, eh?(this is me asking to join in)))
Back to top Go down
Sophie Rainde
Daughter of Athena
Sophie Rainde

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new girl ((Open))   The new girl ((Open)) EmptyTue May 22, 2012 5:56 pm

((What happens on HBH stays on HBH, feel free to join))
Back to top Go down
Thomas Kirtley
Son of Eris
Thomas Kirtley

Location : Camp Halfblood, the Halls of Asgard, Valhalla, the FAYZ, Empire City, Camelot High, Marvel/DC Universe, Biofuse, New Maraias, Camp Jupiter, and a convention for the Organization of Nazi Twinkies. also, I'm behind a Computer.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new girl ((Open))   The new girl ((Open)) EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:31 pm

Thomas was feeling like… he didn’t know how he felt. He could have a girlfriend, and he got claimed by Eris. The boy felt like nothing could hurt him, emotionally speaking, and that he could do anything. This is what made the boy volunteer for guard duty. He could handle it, certainly. He was just in his regular black clothes, sword on his shoulder, Paddle in his pocket, and just walking up and down the borders, head swimming. I love Kendall Styles, his mind said on repeat. I love Kendall Styles. I love Kendall Styles. I love- ok, who is this?

A girl was standing at the tree, looking bored. Thomas walked over to her, moving his hair in front of the scarred side of his face. When he got there, he tried the friendly approach. “Hi! My name is Thomas Kirtley, son of Eris. Welcome to Camp!” he was curious about her. Who was she, what was her backstory? Who was her god parent, and was it possible she wouldn’t hate him, like that one Apollo girl? Thomas stuck out his hand, ready to find out. “glad to see you made it here alive, that’s always the first test. And I’m rambling…”

((Short… sorry))
Back to top Go down
Sophie Rainde
Daughter of Athena
Sophie Rainde

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new girl ((Open))   The new girl ((Open)) EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Sophie jumped as a boy revealed himself. She relaxed quickly though, this wasn't a monster. Unless he was disguised, which Sophie doubted. She had read plenty on mythology, and she wasn't aware of monsters that could change their shape. Voice, yes, but that was it.

She looked him over, to see what she was up against. He was older than her, by a few years. He had dark hair, which covered part of his face. Sophie didn't know what was up with that. The boy also had green eyes, or at least, one green eye. Sophie couldn't be sure about the other one, since it was covered.

He introuced himself as Thomas. A son of Eris? This guy must be goth or something, Sophie thought. Eris was the goddess of discord, if memory served right. Sophie wondered if that got passed onto her kids, but she shouldn't judge. Judge not lest ye be judged, right? As for getting here alive, Sophie could understand that. She had fought quite a few monsters on her way here from California.

She shook Thomas' hand, which was outstreched. "I'm Sophie Rainde. I'm here from Shasta Lake," she said. Realizing he might not know where that was she quickly added, "California." Wouldn't want him to be confused.

Sophie stood there awkwardly. She didn't really know what to do next. She didn't have many friends where she came from, and she was socially awkward, as the other kids liked to put it. So, to break the silence, Sophie decided to get answers to her questions.

"So, what exactly is this place? Is is safe from monsters? Can I stay here? Who am I?" The questions all came rushing out at once, and Sophie hoped Thomas could answer them. She felt so lost, and she didn't like that feeling, of not knowing. She waited, this time impatiently, for her to finally realize who she was.

((see, no hard feelings. For Jennifer, it was neccesary, because of her history. With Sophie, it's all good))
Back to top Go down
Thomas Kirtley
Son of Eris
Thomas Kirtley

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new girl ((Open))   The new girl ((Open)) EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Thomas wondered if part of her thought he was a Goth, or Emo, or something like that. He was wearing black, and he had an eye covered by his brownish-black hair, after all. Eh, better to be thought a Goth than to be thought tougher than you really were. Thomas didn’t like showing off his scar, which is why he used his hair to cover it. At any rate, she started asking questions, all right after the other. He would need to answer those that he could.

“Question one, Camp Half-Blood, long Island, New York. Great place, if the Ares cabin doesn’t get ahold of you. Question two; yes it is, except for the forest, which is stocked. I’d go in with a buddy, there. Question three; I’m fairly certain you can stay here. I don’t see anything wrong with it, at any rate. And finally, as to who you are, you are a demigod, a child of a mortal human, and an immortal god. I’ll give this some time to sink in.” Thomas waited about five seconds, and then his tongue went ADHD on him.

“You know what’s funny? Restless leg syndrome. It’s hysterical, in my opinion.” Thomas held up his hands dramatically. “No officer, I did not kick the tail light of your cruiser. I have restless leg syndrome. That’s right, officer, I have restless leg, oh crap, here I go again,” the demigod shouted, randomly kicking the air. He then doubled over, laughing as he did so, one hand on his chest, as the other held his sword up on his shoulder. “I’m sorry. I’m so… I make horrid jokes.”

((sorry for shortness, New Thomigail!))

Back to top Go down
Sophie Rainde
Daughter of Athena
Sophie Rainde

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new girl ((Open))   The new girl ((Open)) EmptyWed May 23, 2012 6:41 pm

“Question one, Camp Half-Blood, long Island, New York. Great place, if the Ares cabin doesn’t get ahold of you. Question two; yes it is, except for the forest, which is stocked. I’d go in with a buddy, there. Question three; I’m fairly certain you can stay here. I don’t see anything wrong with it, at any rate. And finally, as to who you are, you are a demigod, a child of a mortal human, and an immortal god. I’ll give this some time to sink in," Thomas said, answering all of Sophie's questions.

Sophie thought about that. She knew that this was New York, she'd taken plenty of trains here. As for the Ares cabin....Ares was the war god, so Sophie could only assume his children would be the same. She'd be sure to get a sword before talking to one of them. Same thing with the forest, most likely. But Sophie would stick to training first, and try her luck later. She breathed a sigh of relief when Thomas said she could stay. Maybe this would be her new home. His last answer confused her, and made her nervous. A demigod? Half god, half human... Like Hercules, or any of the other heroes, except her parent was probably not Zeus or Poseidon...

While Sophie thought this through, Thomas went on a random rampage. Something about...restless leg syndrome? Sophie took a step back when Thomas began kicking the air, then hystericallly laughing. "I'm sorry. I'm so...I make horrid jokes," Thomas said. Sophie looked at him nervously. That was a joke? Should she laugh?

"Right..." Sophie said, still nervous. "So," she said, awkward again. "Camp Half-Blood? Nice place... But I see the Mess Hall has no roof. What happens when it rains?" It was a bit of a random question, but Sophie wanted to learn about this place, and how it worked. She knew about mythology, but nothing like this ever came up in the books she read. Although, it made sense on why her parents liked mythology. One dated one, and the other was one. She waited for Thomas to answer her newest question, hoping he wouldn't get annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Kirtley
Son of Eris
Thomas Kirtley

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new girl ((Open))   The new girl ((Open)) EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:55 pm

“Classic question, that. I asked that one myself. We just eat. Bad weather never comes here unless some god wanted it to, so we’re good. Would you like me to show you to the Big House?” Thomas wanted to show her around, but was also afraid she would find him too Goth, what with the black clothes, and the hair in his face. “I hope I don’t look too much of a Goth. Those gloomy mothers annoy me to no end.”

((Sorry… Muse hating… all my threads today suck… again... sorry.))
Back to top Go down
Sophie Rainde
Daughter of Athena
Sophie Rainde

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new girl ((Open))   The new girl ((Open)) EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:34 pm

"Classic question, that. I asked that one myself. We just eat. Bad weather never comes here unless some god wanted it to, so we’re good. Would you like me to show you to the Big House?” Thomas said casually. Of course, a no weather zone. Why didn't she realize? Cue sarcasm. Still, pretty cool. Sophie wondered what type of enchantment was used. A giant shield? Or did Aelous just blow the bad weather away?

Sophie cleared her mind. She'd drive herself crazy, if she wasn't already. She focused on Thomas, to remember what she was doing. She was flighty like that. "The Big House? Creative name... Sure, I guess," Sophie said. She was a little wary, not because he seemed bad or anything, but she didn't really hang out with Goths.

Thomas adressed that concern next. “I hope I don’t look too much of a Goth. Those gloomy mothers annoy me to no end," he said, as if reading her mind. Sophie breathed a sigh of relief, but then realized that might seem rude. So she stood a little straighter, and tried to look like that never crossed her mind. "Um, well, with the clothes, and the face covering, you can't blame me," she said. Well, so much for denial. But sometimes honesty was the best policy, right?

Sophie looked around. She wasn't sure where this Big House was, so she just waited. When nothing happened, she spoke. "So...Big House?" she prompted. Hopefully, she didn't sound or look too pushy.

Back to top Go down
Thomas Kirtley
Son of Eris
Thomas Kirtley

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new girl ((Open))   The new girl ((Open)) EmptyThu May 24, 2012 7:32 pm

Thomas managed a grin. Ok, she believed him when he said he wasn’t one of those gothic types. Glad that got cleared up. At any rate, she would need a tour, or at least a trip to the big house. “Well, come with me. The Big House isn’t too much; it’s just a house… that’s big.” Thomas grimaced at his pun. Bad, boy, really bad. “Erm... right this way… awkward turtles…” The boy propped his sword on his shoulder, and started walking, taking her with him.
((Like he said, bad, really bad))
Back to top Go down
Sophie Rainde
Daughter of Athena
Sophie Rainde

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new girl ((Open))   The new girl ((Open)) EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:18 pm

Sophie wanted to groan. The Big House was a house that's big? And she thought she was socially awkward. But she shut her thoughts up. She still wasn't completely sure on whether he could read minds or not, and she didn't want to risk it. Then it'd definitely be akward.

She followed Thomas down the hill, trailing behind him. She should be walking faster, but she wanted to see everything. Yes, she'd probably be spending the rest of her life here, however long that was. But it fascinated her. The Greek buildings, the cabins, which she could see from a distance, even the campers casually walking around, like this was the most normal thing in the world. Although, for a demigod, it probably was.

She was still curious about Thomas. Son of Eris or not, the black clothes were a bit much. And why was he still covering his face? Maybe he wasn't Goth. Maybe he was one of those people who hated life, and themselves. Well, she wasn't going to ask. That would just be weird.

Sophie saw a big house in the distance. Thinking of Thomas's "joke", she cleared her throat. "So, is this the infamous Big House?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new girl ((Open))   The new girl ((Open)) Empty

Back to top Go down

The new girl ((Open))
Page 1 of 1