Camp Half-Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Half-Blood

A Percy Jackson RPG

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open))

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Andreana Papadopoulos
Daughter of Terpsichore
Andreana Papadopoulos

Character sheet
Species: Demigod
Godly parent: Terpsichore

Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open)) Empty
PostSubject: Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open))   Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open)) EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 7:32 pm

Jean and Sophie had directed her to cabin 11 while they had both limped off somewhere else to get healed. Andreana felt bad to not be there to help but she felt as though she had already done enough damage. 

Quickly she threw her suitcase in a corner of the cabin. She would be back later to claim a bunk and make introductions but right now she didn't want to deal with all that. Something else was bugging her and hopefully that problem would be solved at the armory.

She hated it, hated that feeling of helplessness. All she could do was sit there and watch people risk their lives to save her and get her to camp safely. She adored their bravery and wanted to be strong like them. Andreana wanted to be helpful, not a nuisance.

The armory was big but she wasn't looking for anything fancy or anything custom made yet, just something to practice and borrow. She noticed an array of swords and decided to check with those first. She picked up a couple, testing their weight and length but she didn't really feel satisfied. Besides she didn't know what she was even looking for. Andreana liked the idea of a sword but a bow didn't sound bad either.

Even if she knew what she wanted she wouldn't know how to use it. Andreana was defiantly not a weapon expert.

Last edited by Andreana Papadopoulos on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sophie Rainde
Daughter of Athena
Sophie Rainde

Character sheet
Godly parent: Athena

PostSubject: Re: Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open))   Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open)) EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:19 am

Sophie really needed to get herself and Karen to the infirmary. She directed the girl to the Hermes cabin, with a basic explanation, basically that she'd be staying there until she got claimed. The girl probably didn't know what was going on, Sophie herself barely knew, but she accepted it without question. Sophie was thankful for that, she wasn't feeling at all well, and needed to get everything checked out. Hopefully, she'd see the girl later, and actually get her name this time, and explain everything better to her. But for now, Sophie wanted to get healed, and make sure she didn't get any permanent brain damage. Her brain was all she had, and she wasn't sure what she would do without it.

After Sophie got to the infirmary, the Apollo kids got to work on her, without a word. They didn't ask what caused the injuries, or where it hurt, they just worked. Sophie craned her neck to find Karen, but they must have taken her to a different room, as she was out of sight. After the Apollo kids finished with her, they all left, except for one, who explained what had happened to Sophie, and how it had been fixed. The bruises and cuts on her back had been easily healed with ambrosia, and were gone. That was fine. Her head was a bit more confusing, and Sophie didn't understand the medical terms very well. What she got was that basically, her head would be fine, it had just been cracked open at the temple. The Apollo kids had applied stitches, and while she'd have to wear them for a while, and have a bad headache every now and then, Sophie would make a full recovery. Sophie asked about Karen, but the kid didn't answer, saying she was free to go. While Sophie wanted to stay, and ask about Karen more, she also wanted to find the girl, and give her a proper introduction to camp. The scorpion had kinda ruined that.

Sophie left the Big House, her hand tracing the stitches lining her face. Her bag was swinging on her shoulder, and Sophie felt much better. Her vision was still a little blurry, and she was having one of those headaches, but it was a lot better than earlier, when she had barely been able to walk. Sophie stopped near the cabins, she wanted to find the girl. Where would she be? Sophie was sure she wouldn't just stay in the cabin, so where would she go? Sophie had a suspicion where, especially after the scorpion attack.

Her guess was right. As Sophie approached the armory, she could see a shape moving inside, probably searching for weapons. Sophie entered the doorframe, and leaned against it, watching the young girl practice swords, a small smile on her face. She knocked on the wall to get the girl's attention, then moved forward. "I don't think I ever got your name," Sophie said, smiling, in a much better mood. She moved her hair forward so that it covered the side of her head with the bruise and stitches. No need to make her feel guilty about anything. "Trying to find a weapon? I don't blame you," Sophie continued, moving even more forward. She ran her hand along the hilts of the swords all propped up.

"Children of Athena have a small talent of matching people with weapons, so let's get started," Sophie said, turning to face the girl again. She studied her a bit, trying to think what would suit her. "As interested as you are in the swords, I think knives would work better, or something light," Sophie said, her eyes wandering around the armory. She waited for the girl to acknowledge what she said, as she continued searching the armory for the perfect weapon.
Back to top Go down
Lars Halford
Unclaimed Greek Demigod
Lars Halford

Character sheet
Godly parent: Unclaimed

PostSubject: Re: Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open))   Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open)) EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:00 am

Karen walked with Sophie to the infirmary and then they got split up among the demigods. She sat down on a bed as an Apollo kid examined her arm, and he explained that it was fractured in several places, but that was about it, and she made sure to tell him how she relocated it. Apollo kids were amazing healers, but this one needed time to heal, he explained.

So he wrapped her arm into a cast, and put it in a sling, and Karen knew that it would be very uncomfortable for a while, itching, smelling, getting in the way, besides, how could a demigod survive if they were attacked and only had one useful arm. Though she knew one advantage, she could hit people hard with the cast and it hurt, she knew from experience.

They told her she could go so she stood up, stretched and walked out, brushing her hair out of her face. Karen felt better, but the pain was still there, much less now, but still throbbing continuously, she would get used to it though. She spotted Sophie and decided to follow her, she wanted to talk with her again. Karen stood back as they talked then she finally stepped in, "Hey guys, I'm fine they said, just fractured in several places, it was to bad for them to heal so I have to have my arm in this sling for a while."

They were talking about swords and Karen almost forgot that hers was on her belt, she had changed and showered after she left the infirmary and barely remembered to grab her sword, leaving her bow in her cabin. "Now, now Sophie, I use a sword and I may be great at it, but they are very useful, though I won't be doing much fighting for a while, maybe one-handed." she said smiling, pulling out her sword and laying it on the table, "I have yet to name it, any ideas?" she asked the two girls.

She still hadn't learned the younger girls name, but she knew that she would find out very soon, but she was curious about what Sophie had so she asked, "What did they find on you? You had that nasty gash if I remember correctly and you were bleeding." She stepped back and let the two examine her sword, noting that she left her bow back in her cabin.
Back to top Go down
Clove Tyler
Daughter of Ares
Clove Tyler

Character sheet
Godly parent: Ares

PostSubject: Re: Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open))   Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open)) EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:23 am

((One, Who is Jean? Two, can I please join this?? Very Happy))
Back to top Go down
Andreana Papadopoulos
Daughter of Terpsichore
Andreana Papadopoulos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open))   Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open)) EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:07 pm

((Oh shoot I wrote Jean instead of Karen *facepalm* I'll fix that and of course you can post Smile))
Back to top Go down
Clove Tyler
Daughter of Ares
Clove Tyler

Character sheet
Godly parent: Ares

PostSubject: Re: Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open))   Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open)) EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Clove had woken bored and uninspired. Perhaps it was her own fault, she hadn't been having enough fun lately, only drama. It made her feel tired and worn out and didn't help her to feel comfortable at all. A normal day in the street almost never passed without a fight and Clove realised she'd been relaxing, how unnatural. Just the thought of what her friends would say upon discovering that made her get a hold on her dagger and head for the arena. She'd stop by the armory first, check out if any new weapons were around she might want to try, although she'd only transform her necklace into said weapons.

A small but wicked smile was already creeping onto Clove's face when the armory came within her sight. She loved that building and all the weapons in it. Mainly the knives though, those would always be her primary love. Clove stopped for a moment, smiling before she kicked the door in. Yes, she kicked the door in, why open it the normal way? There truly is no fun in that. As soon as the door gave her enough space, Clove threw one of the knives straight through the door, into one of the stray training dummies. When the knife had lodged into the chest of the thing, Clove walked in as if nothing had happened. Just her style.

Clove looked around and saw Sophie talking to two people she didn't exactly know. Sophie seemed to be helping one of the girls to find a weapon and the other girl had her arm in a sling. Right, they obviously had some trouble with fighting. Clove was in a good mood, which was bad luck for Sophie. Clove wouldn't have mercy on the girl because she seemed injured. Clove, absentmindedly scratching her temple with one of her knives, walked up to the girls, straight toward the Athenian girl with a wicked smile on her face. "Used the wrong strategy, little grashopper? You look a little damaged."

She looked at the other two girls calculating how much of a threat they might pose. Well, she much doubted the girl with her arm in the sling would do much damage in her current disposition. The other girl seemed to be new, and therefore, not the biggest threat. With a slightly arrogant smile Clove looked at the two girls who's names she didn't know. "Well well. Had some troubles fighting? Looks like you've managed to get an injury." She said in mock surprise to the girl with the sling. She turned to the other girl. "Nice enough to try a sword but can you lift it? It's probably better than a knife though, unless you like getting close to your victims." Clove said, putting the knife to her throat for a second.

She pulled the knife back and turned her attention back to Sophie. "What happened though? You don't look too good." There was something in Clove's voice that might be mistaken for worry, although it was something along the lines of general interest. "And who is the new girl?" She said curiously, turning to the new girl. "I'm Clove by the way, nice to meet you." She said with an evil and wicked smile. She was feeling very cheerful that morning, poor people around her. A happy Clove isn't always nice to be around after all....
Back to top Go down
Andreana Papadopoulos
Daughter of Terpsichore
Andreana Papadopoulos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open))   Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open)) EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 5:39 pm

Andreana was so involved with her own thoughts she jumped 5 feet in the air at the sound of knocking. 

"I don't think I ever got your name," The girl from earlier, Sophie said smiling. She walked in and played with her hair which Andreana didn't pay much mind. She gave her a sheepish smile as if to say sorry about everything but let Sophie continue. Her name was it's own subject. "Trying to find a weapon? I don't blame you," Sophie kept speaking as she ran her hand against the sword hilts.

Before Andreana could really say anything else someone else walked in.

"Hey guys, I'm fine they said, just fractured in several places, it was to bad for them to heal so I have to have my arm in this sling for a while." Karen said. Andreana spotted the sling and felt terrible. Even though she said she was fine Andreana still couldn't help but feel bad. She gave her a quick hello before she let Sophie continue. 

"Children of Athena have a small talent of matching people with weapons, so let's get started," Sophie said, turning to face Andreana again. Sophie looked her over, analyzing her. It was a weird feeling but Andreana knew it didn't really mean much. "As interested as you are in the swords, I think knives would work better, or something light," she finished leaving the decision up for Andreana. 

"Well, I wouldn't mind something like a rapier type sword, er- if they have one here. Or even just a bow..." She let Sophie know.

"Now, now Sophie, I use a sword and I may be great at it, but they are very useful, though I won't be doing much fighting for a while, maybe one-handed." Karen said to Sophie making Andreana feel a little worse about her fractured arm, but Karen smiled and laid her own sword down on the table. "I have yet to name it, any ideas?"

Andreana shrugged. "Whatever feels right to you, any special memories you recall with it." She told Karen giving her opinion.

"What did they find on you? You had that nasty gash if I remember correctly and you were bleeding." Karen asked Sophie and to tell the truth Andreana also wanted to know what happened. She owed both of them her life.

Just then another girl walked up to the trio. "Used the wrong strategy, little grashopper? You look a little damaged." the girl said to Sophie. Instantly Andreana knew she wouldn't like this girl. Maybe she was too quick to judge but she could hear the teasing tone in her voice. 

With a sly smile she turned to Karen and Andreana, addressing Karen first. 

"Well well. Had some troubles fighting? Looks like you've managed to get an injury." She said in mock surprise Karen then turned to Andreana. "Nice enough to try a sword but can you lift it? It's probably better than a knife though, unless you like getting close to your victims." she finished putting her own knife to Andreana's throat. She took the weapon away a second later but Andreana still felt a  little frazzled. What was this girl's problem?

"What happened though? You don't look too good." The girl asked Sophie as if she was concerned. "And who is the new girl?" She said turned back to face Andreana.  "I'm Clove by the way, nice to meet you."

'Nice to meet you?' Andreana thought. She wanted to laugh.

"I'm Andreana Papadopoulos, or Ana for short." She introduced herself, trying not to snap at her because this was Sophie's and Karen's first time hearing her name. Andreana wasn't exactly sure how to reply to Clove, Clove had held a knife to her throat along with introducing herself with an evil smile! Egging this girl on would spell trouble for Andreana with a Capitol T.  The most she could do was stay out of her way and be as friendly as possible. 
Back to top Go down
Sophie Rainde
Daughter of Athena
Sophie Rainde

Character sheet
Godly parent: Athena

PostSubject: Re: Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open))   Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open)) EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Before the girl could say anything, Karen walked up, and said she was fine. She had her arm in a sling, and it looked very uncomfortable, not to mention bad for fighting. She asked about Sophie's injuries. "Well, they healed my back, no problem, but my head is different. Stitches, headaches, and blurry vision," Sophie answered, pulling her hair back, to show Karen. Looks like the girl will be seeing injuries after all. Sophie shook her head, to clear up her vision a bit, then smiled. "It doesn't really hurt anymore, I'll be fine," she finished.

Sophie said her comments about the weapons, and Karen gave her own advice. Sophie agreed with Karen, but was having trouble imagining this little girl using a sword. Before she could say anything, someone else walked up. Sophie recognized her, and wished meeting her could wait. It was Clove, the daughter of Ares. Sophie had wanted to avoid meeting her for a while; in the most recent Capture the Flag, Athena and Ares had been on separate teams, for the first time in a while, and Athena had won. Sophie hadn't been sure how Clove would be, so she had avoided seeing her. She wasn't about to tell Clove that, though. "I obviously have pretty good strategies, as Friday confirmed," she replied, to Clove's comment. "And don't call me grasshopper," she added at the end, even though she knew Clove wouldn't listen.

Clove then went on to adress the girl and Karen, mentioning their injuries. Sophie took the moment to press her hand on her forehead, to prevent the headache that was sure to come from this conversation. Sophie zoned back into the conversation in time to see Clove put her knive to the girl's neck, before pulling away. Sophie was about to comment on that, when Clove turned to her, and asked what happened. If Sophie didn't know better, she'd say Clove was concerned. She knew that wasn't possible, though. "A giant scorpion attacked us in the woods, and I only had my dagger," Sophie said, crossing her arms. She was sure Clove was going to say something about how easy that was to defeat, and Sophie really didn't want to hear it. She heard Clove introduce herself to the girl, and heard the girl say her name. Andreana. What a big name for such a small girl. Sophie wasn't going to call her that, and she wasn't going to call her Ana either. This merited a nickname.

"Ah, I finally can refer to you as something other than 'the girl'," Sophie began with a smile, directing it to Andreana. "However, I think another name is in order, don't you think?" she asked. Without waiting for an answer, she continued. "I think I'll call you Sparks. Sparks are small things, with the potential to grow bigger," Sophie said, explaining her nickname. With one final nod, she turned to the swords. She studied them a bit, before shaking her head. Contrary to Clove and Karen's beliefs, swords were not for Sparks.

Sophie kept walking, until she came to the knives and daggers. She ran her hand along some of the edges, picking up others, testing their weight, then setting them down. She finally picked up some hunting knives, before handing them to Andreana. "A pair of hunting knives, should be more useful than just one. Try them out," Sophie commanded. She stepped back, and crossed her arms again, ready to see if this was the right weapon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open))   Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open)) Empty

Back to top Go down

Not so helpless ((Sophie, Karen, then Open))
Page 1 of 1